[DMCForum] Re: Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

Hey Greg,

Good story buddy. P.F. is less than a year away I think, so you must
plan on making some rapid progress.

I understand how your triage led you to the decisions you've made.
You're right, the individual condition of the car, plus your
financial standing and time commitment will lead each owner to a
different decision.

I got a good laugh out of your paint job analogy. :)

You're also right about Dave S. He better be at P.F. I plan on buying
a specially autographed copy of "Backside to the Future". ;-)

I hope that the time the car spends sitting doesn't junk up the fuel
system. You know how everyone on the DML harps about having to
replace everything after a year of sitting. Do you have a plan for
that? Do you have a lead on a replacement door?

Yeah, you're right...being bored here is good. I'm working an evening
shift which isn't normal for me. These guys do even less than the
dayshift. My office has an odd mixture of communications drawings and
DeLorean wiring diagrams and repair checklists pinned up all over it.
I'm lucky, my co-workers are as excited about the car as I am and
have helped me out a lot. I was proud to finally drive it in and show
them how they've helped me.

Cheers,

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> >Bored here at work, I was looking at the new entries in the owner
> >registry and found your entry with pictures of your car.
>

> I guess being bored where you work is a good thing, no?  I didn't
think it
> would make it to the list but WOOHOO!!  top billing!  I so rule.
>

> >What is your status? Are you just going for the "ProjectVixen"
> >complete overhaul approach, or are you taking the "fix-it-and-see-
> >what-rattles-loose" route? (My personal favorite).
>

> My current status is sitting at my desk replying to this email
after a late
> dinner, a few beers, and a few more to go.  Oh, but I bet you meant
the
> car's status.  It currently looks pretty much like the last picture
with it
> sitting in the storage room but lots of parts and crap sitting
around it.
> The rear end is removed and I am waiting on the fiberglass guy to
get to it
> so I can lift the body off and take the frame to have some work
done on it.
> I can't take the frame to have it repaired until I lift the body
and I can't
> lift the body without having the fiberglass work done.
>
> I was originally going for the 'let's get it drivable and build it
up as we
> go' approach but, like everything else I do, I can't half-ass it so
it looks
> like I am going to do a complete rebuild.  I am not saying others
are
> half-assing theirs, each to their own.  I have my little shrine and
private
> corner where I worship the 'Vixen' hoping that will help me see it
through
> to the end.  Does anyone know if Dave will have an autograph table
set up in
> Pigeon Forge?
>

> >Do you like the idea of a painted D, or are you going to strip it?
> >Did it run when you bought it? How close are you to getting it
> >running? I don't know if you've hit the "project-car spiral" yet
but
> >I'll tell you this, that's a pretty low VIN number so don't give
up.
> >It's a keeper.
>

> I think some painted De Loreans look good but mine is more like a
$19.95
> Earl Scheib drive-by special when they had the $25.00 rebate coupon
in the
> newspaper.  I will be taking it back to the original stainless for
this car.
> I am already planning my next one which will not be stock ;)
>
> Apparently it ran before I bought it but I never had the nuts to
put power
> to it after seeing how a previous owner 'repaired' the fuse box.
You can
> see why in one of the pictures.  All I need to do is replace the
fuse box
> and put some gas, err fuel, back in the tank and it should run but
I am
> waiting until after the saucer section had been rejoined with the
secondary
> hull.  It was a daily driver before the accident.
>
> I have built a few cars so I am well aware of the 'project-car-
spiral' but I
> have completed them all and hope to have this one completed by
Pigeon Forge.
> I had been looking for a low VIN car and this was the lowest I found
> available during my search and in a reasonable distance from where
I live.

> >Oh yeah, there's also the cracked windshield right where the driver
> >looks out. Where's a hail storm when you need one?
>

> I heard of someone going through a hailstorm and the stainless got
damaged.
> Which one would you rather replace?  ;)
>
> Greg
>
> PS - Does anyone here own and use a Treo 600?  I am thinking about
buying
> one and would like some real world opinions.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124ukap9t/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=187896550>