[DMCForum] Fuel injected aircraft

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "checksix3" <jetjock11@xxxx> wrote:
> As far as
> reliabilty, continuous mechanical FI is the mainstay of high
> performace piston powered aircraft. Why do you suppose that is?

Because it allows you to fly upside down. Know a little about aviation
history too...

> I'll bet you're not the typical young D owner, you the exhibit the
> classic resistance to learning things of an older gentleman.
> You do yourself a great diservice by doing this, not to mention
> expending all your "time, money and patience."
>
> If you don't know what you're doing (or living in the far past
> technology wise) you're gonna end up banging you're head against the
> wall...it's only natural. My cars run like a swiss watch and it
> wasn't difficult getting them there. Opinions are fine, everybody's
> entitled to theirs...but results are what matter. I mean you no
> disrepect but if you'e not getting the results you desire, perhaps
> you may want change tactics.

Hmm, YOU'RE calling ME a "grumpy old man?" THAT'S funny. BTW: I'm 38.

> FI (especially EFI) puts carbs to shame in terms of
>fuel efficeincy, engine performance and emission control. It's one
>reason modern cars get 300 HP out of 180 cubic inches.

Re: modern cars -- has anyone ever noticed how many old domestic cars
are still tooling up & down America's byways vs Europe? Has anyone
ever priced parts for those cars vs new models? Forward progression of
time does not automatically equal "progress." IMHO we've entered age
of the disposable automobile. People get the good out of them, then
crush them to be made into something even uglier (poor designers have
lost all their T squares. Remember when sheet metal actually had lips
and dips stamped into it? Seem to recall even JZD did that at one
point...). Am totally underwhelmed by extensive use of plastic (Sunday
am going to junk yard with fellow from church to find METAL window
cranks to replace his plastic ones. Splines broken off 3 of 4).

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go put finishing touches on my
little silver car for SEDOC. That's right -- ANOTHER 1,000 mile trip
for #5939. Since I don't know what I'm doing, perhaps you'll tell me
where put wrench...

I just hope Rich Acuti isn't lauging at ME behind MY back...

Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here