[DMCForum] New round of tests

Ok fellas,

Here's what's what:

(Problem #1) I was sent a replacement control pressure regulator (Dave
you asked about this).

I installed it. As soon as it was in, I started having other problems
right away.

(Problem #2) It turns out the frequency valve, even though it was
buzzing was totally messed up. It was hanging on by 1 or 2 copper
strands. As soon as I brushed the connection with my hand, it
completely fell off! (John H. if you have a new plug I can splice on
please let me know) With a dremel and a couple of spade connectors
I've rigged up something ugly, but secure and functional.

(Problem #3) I also put the dwell meter on the diagnostic plug. I
observed the proper warm-up indications of a steady meter at around 30
degrees indicating the default setting for the freq valve. Once the 02
sensor reached temperature, it began to fluctuate between 38 and 40 on
the 6 cylinder scale. The meter did not show the fluctuation as
smoothly as I feel it should be but it was usable so I went lean on th
e CO screw to bring it down to 32-36ish (I forget the number in the
book, I don't have it with me now). The car seemed happier, more
powerful. Then as the engine got hotter, approaching cooling fan
kick-off temp, the 02 sensor seemed to totally quit. The freq valve
defaulted to a value of around 26 and froze there. The valve is still
operating. I could hear it.

I know this: The lower the dwell reading the richer you are. The valve
slows down and allows less fuel back to the tank. Why would it do
this? The 02 sensor is brand-new (like everything else).

I put it in 7-9 months ago. It was installed when I had my cat glowing
cherry red a few times. Could it be damaged? I replaced the old one
"just because". It may still be good and I may still have it around
here somewhere.

(Problem #4) I did confirm that my idle tube O-ring is leaking with
some brake cleaner. I'll replace it tomorrow.

I will say this: On the test drives I took tonight, I had the best
power I've ever had. I think I'm still missing a little, and I know
the O ring isn't helping but I could drive in traffic with confidence
now. The question is, what is my fuel economy? Am I still guzzling gas
or what?

Opinions?

Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=930846702>