From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 7:18 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Full power problems

Hm. I did not take it apart. Cleaning it sounds like a good idea tho.

I've been dorking with the car since I got home today. I tested the
RPM relay. There's nothing wrong with it. Just an idiot check.

I can see the timing advance when I rev it with the timing light. I
disconnected the vacuum advance as Bill suggested. It takes a -lot-
more to make it advance that way, which may indicate gooey bob-weights.

I again, tinkered with the CO screw. I tried to richen it first. That
made matters worse. The engine seeked and wouldn't settle down no
matter how many other things I adjusted. When I revved it, it would
stutter and drag it's way up the RPM scale.

I started leaning it out, and I hade more power, consistently.
However, something's not right now because it runs HOT, close to the
safety margin when I drive it. It should be cooler with air flowing
over the radiator. When it gets that hot, the power starts falling off
again.

The first time I drove it that way, before it really heated up, I had
"highway power". As soon as I stopped to turn around, I lost a lot of it.

The car is saying something...I'm not sure what though.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Did you dismatle and clean up the bob-weights in the distributor? They
> can get "gluey" and cause the symptoms you describe. Very common to
have
> a car that's sat for some time, run fine till you give it a good blast,
> then when you come back to it after it's cooled, it runs like a bag of
> poo. That's what happenned to #2292 - read all about it at
> www.ourdelorean.co.uk
>
> Martin
>
> cruznmd wrote:
>
> >I came home and ate some chow. Around 9 pm I decided I wanted to run
> >it again to make damn sure I fixed things. Instead, the car was
> >totally feeble, cold and hot. When revving, it seemed to be missing
> >on a cylinder, or starving for fuel, I'm not sure which.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3760361.5018013.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259538.3760361.5018013.1261774/D=egroupm