[DMCForum] Re Re: Glowing Cat Converter From Lean Mixture

[DMCForum] Re Re: Glowing Cat Converter From Lean Mixture

Actually I'm Bill. Rich is the fellow who for some unknown reason
wants to restore his engine stock (what did you say you ran through
that hooka pipe?).

That's purpose of last paragraph in original post -- my replacement
engine doesn't have all the various enrichment goodies y'all do. No
Lamda system/lower fuel distributor chambers. No vacuum ports on CPR.
Full time spark advance in sync w/ throttle plates. Etc.

Speaking of which: I still maintain that crap can all be disabled on a
stock engine with positive, not negative results. Renault did it.
Volvo did it. And they produced a lot more cars than DMC. An owner
could simply bypass Lamda valve, plug vacuum lines to CPR, etc to
experiment, but for some reason no one (possible exception Martin G)
seems inclined to try. Can't do it myself because my engine came that
way! I ain't studyin' it...

Re: sudden loss of performance -- your car will sound like a tractor,
but could try running without converter & muffler to see if stopped
up. Don't worry about exhaust heat: most of that comes from converter
in first place.

Oh, forgot in original post: when my car sucked crap into fuel system,
pump literally screamed. Killed the pump (made all sorts of grinding
sounds thereafter). Was Brand X, without a check valve -- can you say
"hot start problem" -- so I didn't mourn its demise.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Rich, with the sundry Rube Goldberg contraptions regulating pressure on
> these fuel systems, I wouldn't be surprised if a low fuel pressure
at the
> pump could make the car run rich.  In fact, I'm sure it would, but I
> wouldn't want to try to explain why.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6