[DMCForum] Latest test results

There seem to be a lot of confusion regarding the noise the engine is
making.

If you folks think I'm dumb enough to forget to put oil in the car
after rebuilding 4 other manufacturer's brands of engines then I'm in
the wrong place for help.

Yes, the engine was exposed as in outside. I did cover the engine to
prevent debris from getting in it. I have tried to explain this
several ways and times. This is what I know:

1. The engine stops squeaking when I put oil in the combustion
chamber. After a while, it wears away and the squeak returns. I
suspect my engine is turning too slowly to really get any oil pressure.

2. I have a new starter. It is wired correctly. In accordance with the
manual, and that checks with how the old one was wired. How would it
even crank otherwise?

3. Martin, thanks for the procedure you posted. It's exactly what I
wanted in terms of bypassing the ballast resistor and setting the CO
screw. Answer me this: In your procedure, you instruct me to place a
washer under the sensor plate causing a 1mm gap. I used a 1mm feeler
gauge to set the gap. So you are telling me that the injectors should
be set to spray fuel at a 1mm depression of the sensor plate. Correct??

Here are the results of some tests I performed before cranking the
battery near death again:

1.  The engine was way lean (If I am doing this right). Starving this
time I think. I kept turning the CO screw as Martin suggested and I
couldn't get fuel at the 1mm mark for quite a while.

2. I performed ignition component tests in accordance with the manual.
The ballast resistor and all resistance readings are correct except
for one: The reading from the (+) terminal to the H.T. distributor
socket is supposed to read 7000 ohms. Mine reads 9630 ohms. That
resistance would definitely reduce the spark I should have would it
not? If so, I will replace the coil.

It seemed to me that I was turning the CO screw WAY too much. So every
so often I would crank the engine to see how I was doing. Right when I
got the injectors to spray at the 1mm point on the sensor plate, I
cranked the engine and it almost caught. The battery is about out
though so I'm charging it up to try again in a bit.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1652964/R=0/SIG=11t2ts2ch/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178276&partid=3170658> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupm