From: Elvis Nocita [mailto:elvisnocita@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 3:33 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AW: [DMCForum] Angle Torque... what the hell?

I still don't get your problem. I've done this stuff on other cars before.
Just do it. What's your problem ? Don't you know that a full turn has 360
degrees ?

Maybe angle torque is a wrong name as torque is always specified in Nm
(Newton Meter or for the non metric users - something with feet and weight
!). Accept the name as it describes it pretty good.

or wanna calculate something ?
what's the angle ? 117° ?  117/360*(flank lead ) = length that your bolts
will
be stretched. too complicated ? exactly ! therefore they tell you the
angle
as you can draw it on a sheet of paper, lay it over the bolt and turn the
nut .....

I should clarify my last question... Has anyone applied the angle torque
their head bolts?

Rich, how about you?

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/nHYuCC/ca0FAA/ySSFAA/HliolB/TM