[DMCForum] Help!! Thermostat woes

Hey List,

My car has been running warmer than usual for the last couple weeks.  I
know
it isn't the water pump or the cooling fans so I decided to change the
thermostat.  I figured it was time for a new one anyway.  So I took off
the
front intake manifold (the bent tubes that cover up the thermostat
housing)
and then removed the two bolts that hold on the thermostat housing.  I
replaced the thermostat and put it back together.  Then the car wouldn't
start.  It was also making a high pitched screech.  I got it started by
giving it gas but you have to keep giving it gas or it falls to about 500
rpm
and almost dies.  The high pitched screech is still there and didn't go
away.
I took it back apart and replaced the old thermostat (couldn't think of
anything else, I hadn't touched anything else) and it is still doing the
same
thing.  I can't figure it out.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Adam

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564415/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164784&partid