Re: [DMCForum] Remove Air inlet & mirror?

Re: [DMCForum] Remove Air inlet & mirror?

>NO, don't start cutting wires just yet!
>You have to look in the area behind the DRIVERS seat, you know,
>the seat with the steering wheel in front of it ;-)
Whoops..  Now I got ya ;-)

>In this compartment you'll find a box lying on its back and one going
down
>into the locking storage box, tose are the "computers" for the engine.
>On top of the lying one you should find a relay, mine has a transparent
>case and is mounted on a metal bracket.

>If the antenna moves up you know the problem is more to the front.
>The wire for the antenna has its own connector behind the radio,
>you wouldn't happen to have been messing around there?

>Check these first, if you can't find anything
>post back here and I'll explain the next step.

Thanks! I will check that and tell you what happened.

>>> Third question: The housing of my LH outside mirror is a little loose.
>> The housing is secured to the body with a couple of screws from the
inside.
> I can only see one big bolt going from the housing to the base and it
> doesn't look like a screw?

>If I understand your description right you mean the pivot-bolt amongst
which
>you can swing the mirrors inwards? If so you're way ahead of me; I didn't
>even know that could be accessed :o) Better check tomorrow when there's
>still light outside...

Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry for the strange description. ;-)
Just remove the plastic cap from the underside of the base und you can
access
the "clamp" (or whatever that thing is called) and those round metal
plates.

It's a real good feeling having people around who really know what they
are
talking about.
(At least for a rookie like me) ;-)

Ryan & 16216