Re: [DMCForum] Remove Air inlet & mirror?

On 08-05-2003 00:16, Ryan Hood wrote:

>>> Second question: where are the 3 wires from the power antenna going
>>> on 82 and 83 models? My radio works. But the antenna is not moving.
>> The wires run from the antenna through the pontoon to the relay
>> behind the drivers seat (under the wooden panel).
> Thank you. So I think I will have to cut the wires to check
> since I couldnt find the end of the wires at the relay compartment?

NO, don't start cutting wires just yet!
You have to look in the area behind the DRIVERS seat, you know,
the seat with the steering wheel in front of it ;-)
In this compartment you'll find a box lying on its back and one going down
into the locking storage box, tose are the "computers" for the engine.
On top of the lying one you should find a relay, mine has a transparent
case and is mounted on a metal bracket.

It should have three wires going to the back of the car (disappearing
under the rear wall) and at least two going towards the front.
You should also find the actual anntenna-cable, should be black,
round and about 5mm (1/5th of an inch) in diameter. Leave that alone.

What you should look for are the red wire; check if it has power going
to it, it should have +12V on it at all times. If not, check the in-line
fuse near the relay if you have one.
When this wire checks out see if the white (probably white anyway) wire
gives a +12V feed with the radio on. If this doesn't happen check if the
relay is fine first; use a jumper to give 12V to the white wire.

If the antenna moves up you know the problem is more to the front.
The wire for the antenna has its own connector behind the radio,
you wouldn't happen to have been messing around there?

Check these first, if you can't find anything
post back here and I'll explain the next step.

>>> Third question: The housing of my LH outside mirror is a little loose.
>> The housing is secured to the body with a couple of screws from the
inside.
> I can only see one big bolt going from the housing to the base and it
> doesn't look like a screw?

I think we're talking about different parts now. What I meant was the base
that fits onto the actual SS of the door. This base is secured with 2 or 3
screws/bolts with Philips heads behind the A-pillar trim.

If I understand your description right you mean the pivot-bolt amongst
which
you can swing the mirrors inwards? If so you're way ahead of me; I didn't
even know that could be accessed :o) Better check tomorrow when there's
still light outside...

> Thanks for your response!

You're welcome, helping each other this way is
what makes driving these SS cars possible...

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor