[DMCForum] Re: &^%$@* a/c panel illumination fix

Jan,
I am trying to do this not so much for this mod but to help me
troubleshoot future electrical gremlins too...I am going to try and
do a quick non scientific explanation of how I think the mod should
work and possibly why mine will not..anyone feel free to pipe in
:-)...I would love to solve this....

>From looking at the zilla diagram it seems this bypass simply adds
the a/c panel to the headlight circuit much like the tailights come
on. So the question is why do my panel lights not come on when in
theory they have to since the bypass adds them to the circuit....Walt
mentioned that perhaps the wire is cut at the headlight switch? this
is my guess. However, after looking at the drawing I am guessing that
the wire that comes off the left side of headlight switch (RO)
controls the taillights and since my tailights work this wire must
not be cut. still with me :-) I am sure Walt is.....

So somewhere a wire is not connected or misrouted in my relay
area...I would love to see if any other car has ever not had this
work. One night next week I am going to double check the wires in the
area to make sure all seated okay....anyone have a better explantion
or can think of a wire or place to check let me know....

also if someone could check the starter relay just to the left of the
panel relay to see if the bottom wire is spade connected to their fan
breaker. This puzzles me but who knows maybe it is normal....This
winter I bugged everyone with frame questions, I guess the spring
will be electrical connections. I must have some Gremlins on the
loose....

Lastly, my brother in law, who does installations for what is left of
Lucent, was shocked when he saw the wood cover for the relay area. Is
this the only car in the history of mankind to have plywood as part
of the car? :-)

Mike C
2109

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1052017853%3e
M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=1
=1052017853%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=347667123>