[DMCForum] PJ Grady is the best vendor :-)

[DMCForum] PJ Grady is the best vendor :-)

To some of you it may come across that I don't like Rob or PJ Grady.
Quite
the opposite is true.  PJ Grady is my favorite DeLorean vendor, and I buy
most of my stuff through them.  That is why I have so many problems with
their products.  I'm the kind of guy who notices.  And I'm the kind of guy
who likes to complain but not always in the most productive fashion.  I
generally complain once to the right person and if that doesn't resolve it
then I tend to give up resolving it and complain to everyone else.  For
this
I apologize.  For those of you who haven't figured it out already, I'm
quite
a jerk. :-)

> Many things on
> that car smell like Rob Grady's work,

Come on guys!  I had no idea anyone would interpret "smell" as being
derogatory.  I did not mean this in the sense that Rob Grady's work stinks
or has any kind of bad stigma.  The owner of this car was suspicious that
Rob Grady worked on it because all of the work that was done was top
notch.
And as he looked at it he said, "Yep, smells like PJ Grady."  I crawled
under the car and looked at everything I could see.  I could only agree
that
everything that looked touched was top notch work.  It had a new engine
installed.  Every wire and fastener was done right.  And by the way, the
present owner found out that it actually was PJ Grady's work.

> Another little design
> perk of those fucked up shocks.

More about the shock absorbers...  Someone sent Rob a copy of my post
where
I'm complaining about his shocks, and word has gotten back to me that Rob
is
understandably quite upset.  Well, I'm upset too.  I should have been
complaining to Rob rather than complaining to everyone else.  So for that
apologize.  However, what I am not apologizing for is the fact that I
wrote
him a detailed letter and followed up with a phone call explaining the
problems with these shocks (particularly the issue with the top shank
being
too long to allow the bushing to compress to 20 ft-lbs as per the Workshop
Manual.  They went to about 5 ft-lbs before running out of thread.  This
is
an unacceptable and unsafe design flaw.)  I had been waiting to hear back
on
how he was going to resolve this issue, but he never called.  I apologize
for my public complaints instead of pestering him for a resolution.  I
would
have put my OEM shocks back on long ago, but I threw them out before I
fully
realized what a problem the new shocks were.  Now I'm stuck with Rob's
shocks until I buy new ones from someone else.  And there isn't a lot
available out there.

Adding to my frustration is the defective rear brake rotors I bought from
PJ
Grady.  These things came with so much runout that if I had them cut then
they would be under spec which of course would be unsafe and unacceptable.
I talked to Rob on the phone about it, and his answer was that if I don't
feel a pulsation when braking then it won't be a problem.  Well, I didn't
feel pulsation, but it still had problems.  I replaced them with rotors
from
another vendor.  Problem solved.  I apologize for my public complaints
instead of asking him to take the defective rotors back.  As per my modus
operandi, I told him of the issue and gave up when he didn't sound
motivated
to fix it.

The skill that I need to learn is how to be more diligent with dispute
resolution.  And the lesson that Rob needs to learn is how to deal with
jerks like me who may only complain once about a problem and then quickly
give up when the vendor doesn't sound motivated to resolve the issue.

I will call Rob and see how it goes.

Walt

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM