[DMCForum] Re: Road noise

I'm not sure if I am going to change the rear shocks at all.  Anyone
see a problem with me keeping Martys shocks and original springs on
the back and putting gradys performance shocks and spring on the
front?

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > I love my current shock setup (bought from Marty Maier) but I
would
> > really like to ride on Gradys setup.
>
> I have Grady's on my car now and am ready to try Marty's setup.
Before you
> put Grady's shocks on the rear, try compressing them off the car
with your
> body weight to see how much noise they make.  Mine are
unacceptably loud.
> Everyone who rides in my car asks what the issue is with the
hamsters having
> a riot in the back.  I just say that my car is hamster powered.
>
> I do like Grady's front shocks, though.  Even with the lowered
suspension, I
> am less apt to bottom out when crossing a "high crown"
intersection.  High
> crown = the crossing road has a cusp on each side of the
intersection.

> Ken Koncelik (who is responsible for having the PJ Grady shocks
developed)
> told me that they shouldn't make any noise and that if I return
them to the
> manufacture then they can tweak them to be quieter.  Well,
whatever.  These
> are my second noisy set.  One from the first set failed and caused
my frame
> to scrape the road several times while I limped it home.  If it
wasn't for
> the cushion in the seat, my butt would be sore.  Oh wait, $400 for
those
> shocks, yeah, my butt is sore!
>
> Oh, while you are trying to get those shocks to fit, notice that
the stem on
> the top is too long and won't compress the bushings.  Another
little design
> perk of those fucked up shocks.
>
> Walt

Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM