[DMCForum] Re: Road noise

> I love my current shock setup (bought from Marty Maier) but I would
> really like to ride on Gradys setup.

I have Grady's on my car now and am ready to try Marty's setup.  Before
you
put Grady's shocks on the rear, try compressing them off the car with your
body weight to see how much noise they make.  Mine are unacceptably loud.
Everyone who rides in my car asks what the issue is with the hamsters
having
a riot in the back.  I just say that my car is hamster powered.

I do like Grady's front shocks, though.  Even with the lowered suspension,
am less apt to bottom out when crossing a "high crown" intersection.  High
crown = the crossing road has a cusp on each side of the intersection.

Ken Koncelik (who is responsible for having the PJ Grady shocks developed)
told me that they shouldn't make any noise and that if I return them to
the
manufacture then they can tweak them to be quieter.  Well, whatever.
These
are my second noisy set.  One from the first set failed and caused my
frame
to scrape the road several times while I limped it home.  If it wasn't for
the cushion in the seat, my butt would be sore.  Oh wait, $400 for those
shocks, yeah, my butt is sore!

Oh, while you are trying to get those shocks to fit, notice that the stem
on
the top is too long and won't compress the bushings.  Another little
design
perk of those fucked up shocks.

Walt

Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM