[DMCForum] Re: [DML] Fuel Pump Replacement

[DMCForum] Re: [DML] Fuel Pump Replacement

Walt -

What makes you say it's a cheaper material??? And why do you say it won't
last as long? You don't even have the price right ($47.95), so I can't
believe that you got your information from your own research, which is
usually pretty good. Grady only came down on his price to match ours...

Have you even seen one of our hoses? I'd be happy to send you for your
review, but if it's going to be as uninformed as what you've just written,
won't waste either of our times.

James Espey
NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBERS
DeLorean Motor Company
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396

281/441-2537 Voice
281/441-2813 Fax
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

> From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 23 Mar 2003 09:52:03 -0000
> To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DMCForum] Digest Number 224
>
> Ken Koncelik (of DeLorean Car Show fame) is the guy responsible for
making
> the new fuel pickup hoses, boots & covers.  He is also responsible for
50+
> other new DeLorean products sold by PJ Grady.  He makes the fuel pickup
hose
> out of a kind of material that is extremely resistant to fuel.
DMC/Texas
> went their own route and had some hoses made out of a cheaper material
that
> won't last as long.  They are selling them cheaper (around $70ish
bucks), so
> PJ Grady came down on their price for the better hose.  Anyway, Ken made
> some fuel pump boots out of this better material, but quit because they
were
> too expensive to make.  He says that the regular kind of material will
only
> last 5 to 7 years MAXIMUM.  If you want to get more life from the boot
then
> don't keep your fuel tank topped off where the bottom of the boot will
be
> soaking.

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM