Re: [DMCForum] Walt - SS Chassis

> When are you putting the SS chassis into your car?

It will probably be a year or two before I start.  I have some other
projects that I need to finish first.  Until then, I'm looking at ways
that
I can take the body off the frame & store it.  I might splurge for one of
those in-home car lifts if I can find one that will lift the body off the
frame and still have room to roll the frame out.  The problem is that I
would have to do some serious traveling to see one of these in person
before
I buy it.  Another option is that I might build a set of trusses (kind of
like a suspension bridge) that would lift the body with 4 bottle jacks.
That would be a lot cheaper than a real lift, but I flunked out of my
Statics class in college (and dropped out of college, too -- those damn
communist-liberals).  I'll probably take the design to a truss engineer to
have it checked before I try to build anything like that.

> are you going to replace stuff like fuel lines,
> brake lines, etc while they are easy to get to?

Yes.  I was in contact with www.classictube.com about having them
reproduce
all the hard lines (brake, fuel, vacuum) with SS, but another guy has
already beat me to it (Marty Maier).  I have been waiting to hear back on
his progress and haven't heard anything in a long time.  I'd like to know
how it is going.  The same company is supposed to be putting together a
complete set of SS braided fuel lines, too.

It was nice talking to you on the phone a few months back even though our
accents were so different and the connection was bad.  Look me up again
when
you are back in the states.  When they have another one of those big shows
in N. Ireland, I'll try to go.

Walt