[DMCForum] OFF TOPIC: U.S. Highways

Hi, gang.

I'm planning a road trip in February and every website I go to has me
taking the quick, boring Interstate route. But once I get out of boring,
flat Louisiana I'd like to do a more scenic tour, like while I'm driving
through the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina, or
the scenic roling hills of north Georgia. Does anybody know of a website
where I can plan my route using US highways instead of Interstates (or
preferably a combination of the two), or do I have to shell out a bunch
of cash for five state maps and plan my route the old-fashioned way?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Farrar in New Orleans