Re: [DMCForum] ATTN: Martin G

> And my 2 litre Citroen diesel engine produces 185 ft-lb of torque yet
> kicks out "only" 110hp. Haven't I said before that big american lumps
> are just wannabe diesels? That's 92.5 ft.lbs/litre in mine. 460ci is
> 7.5l so your engine puts out 57ft.lbs/litre. I towed my project delorean
> 550 miles from Germany on a heavy trailer with that 2 litre engine.

Could you mail me one of these engine's piece by piece so I can put it into
one of my projects.  I am now a diesel convert, F the american public who
thinks diesel is noisy, dirty, and lacks power.  Our company has an 8000lb
van that can over take most cars and gets as high as 24mpg.

> Bollocks. Design an engine that's meant to be revved hard and it'll
> suffer if it isn't. Ask any Porsche or other HIGH PERFORMANCE car owner.

Like Jim pointed out the S2000, till you rev it up you don't hit the power
band.  I don't remember what the Porsche book says my shift points should
be, but I know they are high.  Something like 5th gear at 80mph which puts
the revs at about 4k.

Andrei