From: "Jim Strickland" <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Dash problem

I had an almost similar occurrence with my MR2.  When I tried to turn on
the lights, various dash lights lit up and the lights did not.  Searching
the electrical diagrams for a while, I found that the systems lighting up
and the system not working were connected to the same ground.  A solder
joint in a connector was loose (for the ground wire), so the ground
became +12volts when i put the lights on.  This drove current backwards
through some lights making them light.

Time to tear apart your dash.

Jim

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:45:43 -0500 "Andrei Cular"
<andreic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > You would have to make something more centrally located (in the
> car).  I
> > think the only way porsche manages the rear engine is through
> significant
> > suspension upgrades.  Time to remove the parcel shelf...
>
> Porsche suspension is a work of art.
>

> > I've been thinking about "bind and gagging" my front suspension so
> it
> > doesn't rise so much.  When the D takes off, it looks kinda
> comical with
> > the front end flying up in the air.
>
> I haven't been able to experiance this in my car yet.  I think I
> have to get
> it to rev a little higher, it is really hessatating bad about
> 6500rpm, and
> and didn't want to get above 8k last night.  Did I mention that
> somethign
> went wrong with my dash sunday?  The tach turns the correct way just
> way too
> high, but my volt meter is working backwards...  Start the car and
> watch the
> needle go down as my digital volt meter goes up.
>
> Any one have any ideas other than clean the grounds?
>

> Andrei
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: