[DMCForum] Re: Lo-jack [all OT comments]

[DMCForum] Re: Lo-jack [all OT comments]

> The place I have my car at is gated.  All of the buildings
are surrounded by
> a high fence and you have to enter a code to get in and
out,

The place my unit is at is the same way.  And mine doesn't
give me 24 hour access.  I went in 1/2 hour before closing
and tried to leave a while after closing.  Everyone had
gone, and my access code wouldn't work to open the gate to
get my vehicle out.  I walked around the building looking
for an emergency number to dial, but there was none.  I
tried to do the right thing and call 911.  After about an
hour of waiting for nothing, I got an adjustable wrench out
and took loose the chain that held the gate closed.  Even
then the gate was set to roll closed down hill, but luckily
I had my mom with me to hold the gate open while I drove
out.  As I was putting the gate back together, the cops
finally showed up and had to check all my ID & whatnot.  It
would have been better if I got out of there sooner.  They
asked me to explain what happened to management in the
morning, but I never did.  I never heard anything from them
anyway.  Apparently they never found out or didn't care.

Walt