RE: [DMCForum] Re: Lo-jack [all OT comments]

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Lo-jack [all OT comments]

>There was a funny story on the local TV news a while back
>about a stalker boyfriend who wired up something like this
>to his girlfriend's car to keep track of her.  When a
>mechanic spotted the unusual setup, they called the police.
>Funny!

That is where privacy issues come in, though it is still a gray area.

>It probably depends on your area.  I pay around $150 a month
>for a mini-storage unit that is probably the same size as
>Greg's.  Demand is so high here that I had to travel some to
>find a vacancy.
>
>Walt

The place I have my car at is gated.  All of the buildings are surrounded by
a high fence and you have to enter a code to get in and out, while you are
being surveiled on camera.  But indeed, demand is very high here as well.  I
called every storage location and this was the only one I found, and at the
right time as the previous tenant had just moved out from a four year
rental.  Also, storing a vehicle made a big difference as apparently no one
wanted to store personal goods after a vehicle.  I talked with someone else
on the list who does this sort of thing and am considering adding that to my
list of businesses to do.

Greg