Re: [DMCForum] V8? Should I dare?

Sure as hell don't, I'm just passing on all of the knowledge I've gathered from those speaking of their experiences on the DML. David Teitelbaum and others have expressed this sentiment repetedly, and he's generally spot on. Alpine 610 transaxles aren't exactly something you can find at your corner drug store here in the US either. I don't think many of you Brits realize that Renaults cannot be found in the US. I've personally never once seen a 310/610/Alpine/Renault whatever the variations are for sale here in the US. All we got was the shitty LeCar back in the early '80s... and that didn't last long. Hey, if all you have to do is switch out the final drive and get a beefier input shaft, sign me up. Makes things a hell of a lot easier, cheaper, and faster. -Louie

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you actualyl KNOW this? Strange that Renault used the same gearbox on
the Alpine A610 with a 450hp turbocharged engine... The only difference
was a lower final drive (3.8:1 instead of 3.44:1). Which is easier -
finding a final drive from a Lotus Esprit, Renault 25 or 30, or changint
the entire transmission....?

Martin