Re: [DMCForum] V8? Should I dare?

Do you actualyl KNOW this? Strange that Renault used the same gearbox on
the Alpine A610 with a 450hp turbocharged engine... The only difference
was a lower final drive (3.8:1 instead of 3.44:1). Which is easier -
finding a final drive from a Lotus Esprit, Renault 25 or 30, or changint
the entire transmission....?

Martin

Louie Golden wrote:

>I plan on eventually doing a V8 engine and tranny swap. The DeLorean tranny can't handle more than 250-300 hp... they chew up the input shafts above that. Even if you install a beefed up input shaft, something else will break in the tranny...

click here