[DMCForum] horsepower = torque * RPM / 5252 [off topic ad nauseum ... or

[DMCForum] horsepower = torque * RPM / 5252 [off topic ad nauseum ... or admuseum]

Some recreational readingfor you gentlemen:

Horsepower and torque: a practical explanation...
http://www.car-videos.com/articles/horsepower_torque.asp

Horsepower v torque...
http://www.v8914.com/Horsepower-v-torque.htm

Explanation of torque...
http://home.fuse.net/pagrosse/Explanation_of_torque.html

The efficiency of the internal combustion engine: the difference of
torque and horsepower...
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/102spring2002_Web_projects/Z.Yates/Zach's%20Web%20Project%20Folder/EICE%20-%20torque%20vs%20horsepower.htm

RevSearch Engine Dyno; Torque vs Horsepower...
http://www.revsearch.com/dynamometer/torque_vs_horsepower.html

Horsepower & Torque...
http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticles/0312st_hp/

That last one is my favorite. Equations are our friends.

One of these articles says something very interesting ... due to the
math involved, "below 5252 rpm any engine's torque number will always be
higher than its horsepower number, and above 5252 rpm any engine's
horsepower number will always be higher than its torque number. At 5252
rpm the horsepower and torque numbers will be exactly the same."

Just some stuff to mull over while you have your coffee ... and while I
have mine. :)

Farrar

click here