Re: [DMCForum] Re: Explaining Horsepower For Jim Strickland AGAIN

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Explaining Horsepower For Jim Strickland AGAIN

and torque doesn't exist without horsepower, what's your point?

> A low rev'ing high torque engine will out pull a high rev'ing low
> torque engine every time. Absolutley 100% guarantee it.

how sweeping as usual.  What's low?  what's high?  what "pull"?

The only reason that high torque engines are used vs low torque/high
horsepower engines is because low RPM horsepower is more convenient than
high RPM horsepower.  There is no difference in the "power", just how
fast the engine has to turn when it's available.

Don't lecture about horsepower- it looks like you're making up $hit
anyways.

Horsepower was defined when someone realized that an average horse could
pull about 330 pounds one hundred feet in one minute out of a coal mine
shaft, not turning a wheel or whatever else BS you're spreading.

Torque is nothing more than the measure of horsepower in relation to the
RPM at which it was achieved.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:04:20 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Torque, torque, torque.
>
> Horsepower doesn't even exist without torque (it is one half of the
> equation).
>
> A low rev'ing high torque engine will out pull a high rev'ing low
> torque engine every time. Absolutley 100% guarantee it.
>
> Some buzzy little engines produce 100 lbs *OR LESS* of torque. Their
> HP numbers are totally dependent on rev'ing the ever living mess out
> of them. BUT ONCE YOU LOAD THEM DOWN (a trailer, a hill, etc) THEY
> CAN'T REV UP! Are then as useless as nipples on a man.
>
> With all due respects, I'm not holding my breath for you and Martin
> engineer a workable transmission to replace Mack tractors with Honda
> Civics...
>
> Bill Robertson

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

click here