Re: [DML] New door struts

I am still in for two sets at revised prices.

Kevin Abato

On May 1, 2014 8:52 PM, "Tom" <dmctom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have just uploaded a video to YouTube for everyone to see the performance of the new door struts.
Please don't pay attention to the quality of the video itself of the state my car is in... it's a work in progress and I'm going from the ground up.

In the video you can see that the car in not in the best shape but the door works great and the strut couldn't be any better.
Please note the length of the strut when I close the door. There is plenty of room till the strut bottoms out. I mention this because I'm aware of some struts that were too long and caused damage to the mounting studs.
Notice how the door slows down before reaching the top and then stops gently.
At the end of the video you can see a large silver label with my name on it. This label is only on the test struts and will NOT be on the production version.

Click on the link below to see the video:

It is extremely difficult to shoot a good video when the car is 3 feet off the ground, you're standing on a chair and hold your phone/camera in one hand while trying to open and close the door with your other hand - FUN!

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E
www.deloreana.com