[DML] Rebuttal to Chads comments and added DCS guest

From: lordvadus <lordvadus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm
Subject: [DML] Re: RAFFLE CAR DCS 2014

From Chad

Sounds like it should be renamed BTTF-Con instead of DeLorean Car Show based on the events.

Now Chad
Why would you say that???????

Sounds like you are trying to stir up something again.
Didn't you sell your DeLorean?????

Nick Sutton,   England DMC
Chris Nicholson England
Chris Duval DMC USA
Jeff Synor DMC USA
Craig Haglin from out west DMC USA
Dixon Hollenshead (health maybe) DMC CORPORATE
John Belaus DMC USA
Second guest speaker also TBA later Delorean related from south area DMC CORPORATE
Bob Brandys putting on a Delorean Show in Vegas
A few tech sessions on Sat that we are still working on.
Tribute to Cliff one of the most dedicated Delorean owners we have had
and Me finally getting up and discussing the car and the show.  I think I have a little to do with DeLoreans

BTTF has two time spots Delorean has nine in the schedule please read the schedule and posts.
And there is a lot of DeLorean video we provide if you have not forgotten.

I really appreciate the support the BTTF people have given me in the past and they should be applauded for taking time out to be at these events.  Bob Gale in particular has been great and the cast and crew have been very supportive and I see no lack of people lined up to talk to them.
I am proud to have the BTTF cast and crew as part of the show and I hope all of you that attend enjoy them as well.

Chad Why do you need to be so bull headed and try to create a conflict on this.  I think you made it the reason you sold your car if FB is correct.

And many of the questions I do get are on the BTTF cast and crew and come from DeLorean owners.

IF YOU CAN DO BETTER THEN BY ALL MEANS DO SO Y0U NOW HAVE YOUR CHANCE.

I thought you knew better after Vegas (Many negative remarks before the show)
This is your second negative post on DCS and I do not see you registered .

You have not been to a show since 2009 and I gave you stage time there.  You said you understood the show and what we were doing and what it took to put on a show and you were pretty good on stage as well top hat and all.
In 2008 you only attended the Friday event only and none before.

If you plan on coming then you are welcome if not then your comments are not warranted as you will not be participating anyway.

If I sound pissed I am.  I work hard to bring the best of all angles to the show only to hear this kind of crap from people not registered and intending on only creating a negative buzz.

Your comments were not warranted in my opinion.

For the rest of you I hope you enjoy what we have done this being the last show for me I think we have a great mix and there is something for everyone.  Except Chad who won't be there anyway apparently.

Maybe we should get him a dunking booth.

Ken

And I sign my posts

Below is the latest guest that will be added and he is from DMC

From  Craig Haglin

Ken,
I was in the group that organized the QAC for Dick Brown. We worked with Doyle Potter ,Service Manager for Delorean, purchasing tools, setting up the Ex- Chrysler reconditioning center in suburb north of the Irvine Parts/Headquarters for Delorean. As we started it we set up a parts department, a repair area for bodywork and a mechanical repair area with lifts and special tools required to reconstruct the first few load of cars. No one knew how long it would really last but we were able to hire over 50 employees within one week and organize the facility and train the workers on the corrections required before the cars came in.

The day the ship arrived with the first load of vehicles a few of us were invited to look them over. I have pictures of the cars in the holds of the ship. Showing doors ajar because of broken latches and wipers sticking up showing the GM supplied batteries were dead and needed to be jumped. I am 6'1" and had to walk in with only 5' high ceilings.

After the beginning of the QAC I resumed my duties in the Denver,including preparing and shipping the first Delorean in Colorado to the Ital design conference in Aspen Colorado shipping the car in the belly of a DC10 to Denver and followed it up to Aspen to have Mr. Gigiarro (Deloren designer) and Mr. Farinni (Ferrarri and Fiat Designer) look over the car on the green with about 50 other Italian examples. It was parked in John Denver's Hanger over night and trucked back down to Denver on Monday to be sold to the than 100 plus people in line to have a "HOT" Delorean.

This is a little of what I can talk about. If you have a specific area you want to concentrate on let me know.

I was also the first mechanic in the US to convert an automatic to a five speed Delorean. I  ran my own repair facility in Boulder CO where I had people from 6 states bringing their cars to me.