[DML] UPDATE TO STARTING PROBLEMS

Okay, here’s the latest on the starting problems I have been having.

As previously noted, the plunger was stuck in the fuel distributor.  I was able to free it up with no damage to the unit.  After cleaning, It slid in and out very easily, so I commenced to putting everything back together.  Double checked and triple checked all connections.  Everything was where it should be.

I had cleaned and tested all the injectors-----all six were opening at 54 to 55 psi with good spray patterns and  all shut off at 49 to 50 psi.  All spark plugs were clean and gapped at .026.  The idle speed motor and the frequency valve were both humming.  The cold start valve was working as advertised.

Connected the battery and cranked.  No fire at all.  Tried a couple more times, about 10 seconds each and still no fire.  Didn’t notice any fuel smell in the tailpipes so I pulled #3 and #6 plugs----both dry as a bone.  I then pulled the injectors for 3 and 6 and put the in catch cans.  Cranked again for about 10 seconds.  Injectors are not opening.  Pushed down on the air intake and got resistance but it went down as predicted.  When released, it came right back up.  I had the wife crank the engine while I watched the engine----much to my surprise, the air intake flapper never moved at all while cranking.  Why?  Any ideas out there?

So here’s my question-----How can I go from an over rich condition with a stuck plunger to a no gas at all when the only thing I changed was freeing up the plunger in the distributor.

Tom, I saw you post about needing a rear window.  Contact me offline.  I have a lead on one.

Mike   TPS    1630

Sent from Windows Mail