[DML] Re: Lee Seiler Delorean Model

Claude - have you actually seen one of Lee's models?  Your description is basically accurate, but really minimizes what was done.  The extra parts a nicely molded resin replacements for the BTTF parts of the base model.  These parts are detailed and accurate, as well as comprehensive.  For instance, all 3 hood types are provided so that you can make the model into any version desired.  I don't have my kit in front of me at this moment, but there was much more to it than I can remember right now.

I paid my money to Lee fairly early in the process, and waited, along with everyone else.  I finally received my kit at the NCDMC event in Sept 2001.  Lee was there and I got a chance to talk to him (Here's a pic of him with a kit: http://www.ncdmc.org/2001carshow/jw-07.jpg  For those interested, here are a bunch of pics from the show: http://www.ncdmc.org/2001carshow/2001wrapup.htm In the shots in front of the museum with the Bricklin, Delorean, and Mercedes, that's my Delorean)  Anyway, it was a long wait, but in the end I was happy with  the result and thought I got my money's worth.  It's a shame that the controversy surrounding this drove Lee away.  Lee had both scheduling and production problems, but I would not consider him a "bad boy".

Dave
16367

    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx