[DML] The DML sucks now :/

As someone who has been a member of the DML since ~late '98/early '99 (honestly I've forgotten it's been so long), and used to enjoy opening my email and reading through threads, I must admit I am sorely disappointed at what the list has evolved into.

What used to be *the* preeminent DeLorean source on the World Wide Web has slowly devolved into a cesspool of petty bickering and bitching from a handful of people - some of whom used to be very good posters on the DML.

I joined this group right before it went to e-groups when I was in 9th grade, eating up everything DeLorean that I could devour when I got online, so while I'm not a prolific poster, I am very much a long-timer.  For the first time in my life I've begun considering unsubscribing to the list due to the incessant and asinine arguing that goes on now.

There is still good information to be had here, but where a majority of the crap would be filtered out to let the quality come through, the lack of moderation has led to the inverse occurring.

I've always heard that "the cream rises to the top", but damn if poop don't float at first as well.

Please, as someone who grew up from a hopeful enthusiast to being an actual owner thanks to the information learned through years of quality posts and meaningful discussions, can we implement some form of direction and control similar to when James, Knut, Mike, etc. ran the list "with an iron fist".

Yearning for the days of yore,
Robert Greenhaw
VIN 791

<*> Your email settings: