Re: [DML] fuel sending units

I'm not missing anything.  I understand the check valve and I
understand the return line.  Eventually the tank fuel level will be
below the baffle.  Once the bottom of the baffle is level with the
tank fuel level it is physically impossible for it to pickup anymore
fuel.  It will just run until the fuel in the baffle and the return
line are exausted.

I'm in no way saying the new DMCH baffle won't work.  Its slightly
more advanced than a tuna can and my can is working perectly fine.
I'm just saying it isn't going to magically pickup fuel below the
baffle, which seemed to be a concern people expressed in the past
about the tuna can baffle.

I like the simplicity of the new design.  Its just a shame they didn't
keep the fuel pump and the fuel sender seperate.  Now if someone's
fuel sender goes out they will have to remove wires, fuel lines,
remove the whole assembly from the tank, and hope there aren't any
leaks upon reassembly.

The seperate fuel sender is so much simpler.  Just disconnect the
plug, unscrew the old sender, screw the new one in, and connect the
new plug.  A 5 minute job has now been turned into a job that will
take at least 30 mintutes and maybe more if the person or shop doesn't
know what they are doing.

--
Steve Rice
#16510

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You miss the point - fuel can get *in* the baffle but it can't *leave*.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)