Re: [DML] Playing nice in a public forum.

Re: [DML] Playing nice in a public forum.

Hi all and thanks Farrar for the great referral!

Oddly the whole gearshift problem thread seems to have ended up in my spam filter, but I caught up on Yahoo.

I must agree with Bill… yes you read that right… It grinds my gears too to see a question with a *probable* answer get a response that everything but the kitchen sink might be wrong with the car. That’ll scare the life out of a new owner who has no experience.

If you know the DeLorean well, you will know:

-          that the roll pin issue only affects 2nd and that the stick still moves fine, but the transmission doesn’t select the gear
-          pivot bolt and gear oil issues affect all gears
-          clutch hydraulic problems don’t affect shifting (much) when the engine is off

Armed with this background and the information supplied, it’s easy to eliminate a host of advice that is simply irrelevant.

Glad my video was of use! Most of my videos are prompted by the regularity of forum posts on the particular subject!

Martin