Re: [DML] sending units & Houston Special

Re: [DML] sending units & Houston Special

John,

I had a call from an owner convinced that his auto DeLorean had an electrical issue because every time they put the car into drive, the engine would stall, yet reversing the car out of the garage was no problem. I worked out in very short order that he’d replaced the original baffle with one of yours and there wasn’t enough fuel in the tank to enable it to move forwards. I call that a pretty big flaw! The optimum position for the baffle is in the centre of the tank like the original, it doesn’t take an engineering degree to work that out. Also the baffle should only have a small number of small holes in the side, not be basically a ring held to the bottom of the tank – the original baffle design had a recall on it for precisely that problem – the baffle empties in a couple of seconds! I am aware of owners who have reverted back to the stock setup because they couldn’t get the same range from a tank of fuel with your baffle.

As for criticising vendor-specific parts, please don’t forget that I’m in this game too. I call it like I see it and frequently point people to you for AC stuff. I (and they) just wish you listed one complete system excluding compressor, condenser and evaporator and then listed those bits separately on your site.

DMCH’s fuel tank sender is flawed in terms of accuracy and the conservative level at which the light comes on but it does the job well enough and it does it for a very reasonable price.

Martin

Sent from my BlackBerry®

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional