[DML] Re: fuel sending units

The fuel tank and it's associated fuel system parts is a mess. It certainly could use an improvement. It has a lot of rubber parts that were never intended to be used with all of the alcohol now present in today's fuel. The sender is prone to failure and is not very accurate. All of the parts are difficult to install inside the tank. I don't see a lot of people replacing it just because it is "better". It WILL be a big improvement but my feeling is unless you (or your tech) actually opens up the system these parts are not going to be replaced unless the parts you presently have are due to be replaced. I always said most of the fuel system problems begin in the fuel tank. Expect DMCH to eventually discontinue offering the original set-up parts as stock depletes and the new set-up becomes available and trusted. Eventually we will all have to go over to it (or a tuna can!).
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Rice <stevedmc@...> wrote:

> I sort of retract what I said about the float bouncing around.  It

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)