Re: [DML] Regarding Bill and the great carburetor debate.

Re: [DML] Regarding Bill and the great carburetor debate.

I've been thinking about putting smaller jets in my carb to experiment
with fuel economy.  At the risk of starting a thead of people bashing
me and captain carburator I do have a question to ask.

Would it be possible to sort of check my mixture by inspecting my
tailpipe?  My guess is a tailpipe with a thick layer of soot (whatever
its call) inside would be running too rich.  A tailpipe with no black
soot would be running too lean.  I"m wondering if I can lower my jet
sizes and check my gas mileage and tailpipe until I find a jet that I
am happy with and that won't run the car too lean.  I'm sure I could
also check spark plugs but checking the tailpipe only takes seconds.

--
Steve Rice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional