From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:59:02
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Re: New composite underbody

Heath Robinson, eh? Pretty hypocritical from a man who is working on replacement LCA's himself.

Just so everyone is clear: all LCA's other than Martin's yet to be seen design are unacceptable.

Re: Byrnes LCA's: He did indeed "hand the job to a third party who knows what they're doing" (two actually: a structural engineering firm and a metallurgist). To be brutally honest, Byrne did more pre-release engineering than Bryan Pearce did on his arms. The design has been in use for more than a decade with no reported problems, so it is certainly service tested (far more extensively than the cheap folded up 16 gauge LCA's original to the car).

Don't know how Ed handled bracket engineering. Since they are sold by DMC franchises I have to assume they have Houston's blessing. They are pretty innocuous pieces of hardware, so I continue to be mesmerized by the controversy they stir.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> Thickness and density are two different things.
>
> If they've handed the job of making the underbodies to a third party who
> knows what they're doing, I can't exactly see a comparison with your
> heath-robinson approach to "engineering". And obviously you continue to
> misrepresent the "problem" with Ed's lower control arm reinforcements.
>
> The use of composites has come a very long way in 30 years.
>
> Martin
>
> On 11/03/2012 18:02, content22207 wrote:
> > Skin density has nothing to do with it -- I'm just waiting for anyone who argued against my LCA's to now argue against Houston's new underbodies on the same basis. Seems fair.
> >
> > I am not that person -- I have no issues with vehicle modification whatsoever.
> >
> > Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: