[DML] Wishbone LCA's

I just recently had a conversation with a Lotus owner about this, and hand an "ah-ha" moment when he said the ARB is just pushed in to the bushing on the Esprit design.  There is no nut on the back end to lock it in to the LCA..

So, if that is true, the ARB in the lotus application is free to travel forward/aft inside the LCA..  eliminating the problem that Mike Loasby talked about.

Clearly, the nut and front collar is needed in the DeLorean application because that is all that keeps the LCA from collapsing under the car.  It makes me wonder, can Ed's brackets keep the LCA in place if the nut on the end of the ARB was left off??   I know *I* would not try it on my car, and for sure would not propose that anyone else try it...

--- On Sun, 3/11/12, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was referring to your frame
> extension modification as heath-robinson, not Ed's brackets
> which are a professionally produced product.
>
> However in *my* professional opinion, the design is flawed.
> If you're going to make the LCA's act as wishbones, make
> them wishbones. Eliminate all fore/aft movement including
> that generated by the ARB. Simples.
>
> I have a concept in my head, I have started come CAD models
> but I'm too busy making a living to spend much time on it at
> present

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: