[DML] Re: unusual electrical issue

I understand the lights stayed on but I have seen situations where the terminals on the battery were corroded and things worked until you tried to draw a heavy load. Besides, it can't hurt to check and doesn't cost anything. Diagnosing without actually seeing the problem and examining the symptoms is difficult. The first guesses are going to be off the mark but sometimes I get lucky! I have also seen batteries that seen fine till you draw a heavy load, then they suddenly seem like a connection inside opens like a switch. Since the battery is the foundation of the entire electrical system it is as good a place to start as any. Besides, when was the last time anyone looked at it? My guess is a bad connection on the alternator, starter, or ignition column. When looking for a problem sometimes you stumble across other things that may not be THE problem you are looking for but will become a problem in the near future.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Gutkowski" <martin@...> wrote:

> It is unlikely to be the battery because that wouldn't cause the engine to quit, and he says his lights still work. The cutting out AND the inability to crank sounds like the power supply to the ignition barrel is dropping out.
>
> Martin
>

> Sent from my BlackBerry®

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional