RE: [DML] DOA will remain D-O-A

Andy,

You?ve got some good points!  Let me address them?

Parts availability we?re working on.  Don Steger currently manages the
inventory from our old online store and will manage it again when it?s
rebooted.  We hope to add some cool new products there, in addition to the
cool old stuff.

Information is also critical as far as I?m concerned.  I agree that this is
what we used to be best at, with DeLorean World.  Moving that into the 21st
century, and competing with the likes of the DML and DMCTalk is a challenge,
but not impossible.  There are still things we can offer of value in a
magazine format, which is why it still exists.  Without giving too much
away, we?ll be exploiting those in our upcoming issues to the best of our
ability.  We also do have our own online forum.  It?s called the DeLorean
Café, and it is open to everyone.  Here?s the link:

http://deloreanowners.forumotion.com/

The fun factor is indeed where the events typically come in.  Eurofest in
May already has more people registered than at this point last time, with
more signing up every day!  I?m thrilled about that!  We may very well top
100 cars this year!  In Ireland!  At the factory!  Won?t that be a sight to
behold?

I?ve already addressed the D1 involvement in my other post, but probably
can?t state that enough.  Ed Bernstein and the DOA currently have no
involvement with one another.  He has threatened us with a lawsuit.  Nuff
said.

The DOA has been at the past two DeLorean Car Shows.  We have not had the
presence we would have liked, due to our financial position, but it is
growing.  Ken Koncelik has been a member of the DOA for over ten years.  He
does everything he can to support us, and we return the favor as best we
know how.

I agree that the DOA is battling a negative image amongst the younger crowd.
Hell, I?m only 33.  I?d like to think I?m still a part of that crowd!  I am
from Ohio though, not California.

I?m also active in the DeLorean Club of Ohio, and put on a few events for
them.  The next is the Cincinnati St. Patrick?s Day parade coming up on
March 12th, 2011!  Mark your calendars!  We?re shooting for 20 cars this
year!  That event is on the DOA?s events page, which helps promote local and
regional events throughout the country.  If you?d like your events listed
there, just contact me off list! (jhaldeman(AT)fuse.net) Trust me, you?ll
hear from people in your area you never knew existed!  This is available to
anyone because people like you suggested we make it that way.  We appreciate
that input!

-Josh

Josh Haldeman - Vice-President

DeLorean Owners Association

513-919-6523

From:Soma576@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] DOA will remain D-O-A

Wow, I would have to nominate this for Post of the Year!

John is saying exactly what I have thought these last few days, reading
posts about the DOA. Only problem is, I can't write it as eloquently.

Josh, everyone knows you are an asset to the community. You only want to
bring good things to the community, and we all appreciate it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)