RE: [DML] DOA will remain D-O-A

John:  I think you raise some excellent points here!

"it is NOT where YOU think the organization needs to go - it is where the
membership body (not the "board") would like to see things going."
Outstanding point!   Have the DOA members been polled to see "what they
want?"  We hear a lot about a Magazine, website, and merchandise, but
perhaps they want events, or something else.

You also raise excellent points about the Bylaws and treasury.   I inquired
about this a couple of years ago when a similar round of questioning of the
DOA "rebirth" was mentioned.   I was told that the yearly member headcount
(income) and treasury info would be made available to me ONLY after joining
the club and were not public information.    Ummm...excuse me?   I work in
investment banking industry, and I can assure you NOBODY  ever invests their
money into something without first having full transparency into its
history, operating model, and expenses.   My guess is there are things in
the details of the treasury they don?t want to be seen/questioned.
I have recently heard that current/past members even have a hard time
accessing this information too, which is even more sad.

"You come for the car, you stay for the People"    This is an outstanding
statement, and I feel this way about many of the Delorean clubs (DMA, AZ-D,
Delorean Car Show, etc) that I have had the pleasure of being part of.   I
enjoy the company of the PEOPLE and the car is just a common bond that
brings us together.    In the DMA it always amazes me that the owners
SPOUSES become as active in the club as they do...again, this statement sums
up the reason..."The People"    :)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com