[DML] Re: Best way to shift for better fuel economy?

[DML] Re: Best way to shift for better fuel economy?

Josh makes several insightful observations.
"<we can't do anything if the community continues to expend all its
energy on what this organization has done wrong>"

This seems to be the prevailing attitude towards the DOA, which has
continued for at least as long as I've been an owner (10 years or so.)

You can't unscramble an egg, no matter how precious, or valuable you
imagine that egg to be.

Why anyone with the understanding of this damaged organization's
reputation would attempt the (*insane) task of 'fixing it',  -year,
after year
"doomed to continue until the end of time"
  rather than starting with a fresh egg, has been a mystery to me.
Especially with Josh's statement being so true and clear.
Nostalgia?  Hero complex?

By it's own design, Josh admits the structure of the old organization
is so cumbersome it cripples any attempt for action.  (Even if it's
simply keyboarding on the DML!!!)

*Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results.

My suggestion is try something different.

DOA is a horrible acronym.  It is known to all as 'Dead on Arrival.'
It sounds like a cruel remark about DeLoreans.  And it's become a self-
fulfilling  description of the club.

Move on.  Start over.  Get a new egg.
Make something new and different.
Respectfully,
Oliver Holler
10694
ps: No offense to Josh, whom I think of highly and consider a good
person and awesome friend.
pps: I don't want to be a part of the team to start a new club right
now.  I've done it before, it's exhausting and thankless.  But I may
join, pay, support and participate  -if and when it happens.

Posted by: "Josh Haldeman" jhaldeman@xxxxxxxx   delorun
Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:51 am (PST)

Kevin,

Yes, this is the same debate we seem doomed to continue >

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)