From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mike French
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:35 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Warm Up Gone Wild

In the interest of keeping a close watch on the car, I've noticed that
the warm up has started to go wild. It used to warm up steadily between
750 and 1000rpms. Then settled at just under 1000 after two or three
minutes. Now, it cold starts and begins idling wild, dipping into 500rpms
and jumping
up close to 1500 while warming up. This also happens on a warm start
and the only way to get the car to settle down to normal steady idle is to
press the
accelerator and run it for a few seconds. I always maintain a full
charge on the battery and the car is always garaged. Want to deal with
this before it gets worse. The car has 5,500 miles on it. I replaced the
alternator at 4,000 miles with a D110 due to a bad Motorola original. The
alternator has not given me any issues. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional