[DML] Re: Tune-up

Get rid of the +4 plugs. They can cause this problem. Put in Bosch HR6DC or HR6DS or HR6DP gapped at the correct spec, and you'll fix it.

Running poor when wet is a sign of a problem with the wiring or a cracked cap. Make sure everything is installed tightly.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stainlessilusion" <5n-@...> wrote:

> Guys; I am working on my D a little since I have a rough running engine, and am curious what the original coil has for output voltage. I'm looking at John's 25,000 volt Bosch coil [as an upgrade?] since I doubt the stock one has that much punch to it. I have +4 plugs that are a little old but few miles and are still in good shape; also Johns 8mm wires and upgraded resistor. I once used the blaster coil with my setup but I remember having problems with it - I believe it was melted distributor rotor but can't remember correctly. Nonetheless, with what I have as far as plugs, wires and resister; which coil should I be going after? My engine runs like garbage when it rains, and when it is dry it sputters at stops from time to time and just doesn't feel "right". Thanks guys -----Dani B. in FL!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)