[DML] Re: DOA - Just a few thoughts...

Clubs are not mini-governments. They are associations with no obligation to be transparent. If you don't like what you see or feel like you are getting your money's worth you can leave. Governance and government are not equivalent. And where is the fact page for your comment "most successful clubs are run this way...."? That is just hot air!

Further, just because the governance of a club doesn't want to disclose it's business to you - a non-member on top of that - doesn't mean they have something to hide. Only a trouble maker would make such a comment. I don't think they have anything to hide and in any event, what's to hide? Nothing! I believe I get my moneys worth for my membership $ - that is all I need to know.

I am suspicious of why you are sticking your nose into DOA business anyway. If it is to make it a better organization I would expect something constructive from you.

The whole mess between you and Dan D over DMA business did nothing but turn people off and create an uncomfortable environment for participants. Maybe you will clam down now that you have run him off and help DMA get back on track. You made life for Ken B of the DOA just as pleasurable and for no good reason that could ever see. Now he is gone. Watch out Josh.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> Clubs are mini-governments.  In this country, governments are supposed to be transparent.
>
> Most successful clubs run this way too.
>
> A better question is, what do they (or any club) have to hide?!
>
> The "keep it secret" approach has been tried but the DOA, and failed.  Time to try something new.
>

> --- On Wed, 10/21/09, Delorean3@... <Delorean3@...> wrote:
>
> > I agree with Harold 100%.  This
> > is an automobile club not a public
> > corporation.