[DML] Can Pep Boys or Goodyear replace DeLorean brakes?

[DML] Can Pep Boys or Goodyear replace DeLorean brakes?

I recently took my DeLorean out of storage and fired it up.  I had new tires installed, the belts tightened, all the fluids checked, the battery recharged and checked, and a new car horn installed.  The car is running superbly with a couple notable exceptions:

1) It takes a VERY heavy foot to brake the car.  Even then, I don't feel like the car is stopping nearly as well as it should.  I did some research on dmcnews and found that the culprit of the heavy brake pedal is most likely a bad brake booster.  And the culprit of the insufficient braking is probably due to being in need of new brakes.

2) The car pulls to the right when braking hard at high speeds (e.g., when I'm on the highway and a traffic jam occurs suddenly ahead of me).  Again, I turned to dmcnews to conduct research.  Since my car remains straight when I loosen my grip on the steering wheel, I ruled out front-end alignment issues.  And since my tires are new with proper psi, I ruled out tire issues.  It looks like my brakes need to be replaced.  Perhaps even the shocks.

3) The car doesn't feel right when I go over speed bumps (even at very slow speeds).  I also hear a weird thump from the passenger side front end of the car near the corresponding wheel.  Since I had brand-news springs installed from Rob Grady 3 years ago (and have put <250 miles on the car since then), I figure the shocks need to be replaced.  If it's a bad shock on the front right, perhaps that is even contributing to issue #2 above.

4) The emergency brake has always been a little weak on my car.  I've always relied on a combination of the e-brake plus placing the car in 2nd gear when parked.

Question: can Pep Boys or Goodyear replace disc brakes and pads on a DeLorean?  Are the discs and pads common enough that those types of service-providers could service a DeLorean?  Has anyone on dmcnews tried having their brakes serviced by any such (or similar) service-provider?  Are the shocks common components?

Thanks in advance!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: