AW: [DML] Bright Lights behind AC Control

AW: [DML] Bright Lights behind AC Control

OK a new owner over here just asked me how to do this mod.

he wants to make that jumper-thing but looking at the schematic
I see a problem - I want to have the lights dimmed - using the
resistor (54) that is already in the car.

Using a single jumper will turn on the center console light
with the head light, but it will be too bright at night.

Now I remember why I cut the center spade off.
That will turn on the light with the head light and it will
be dimmed.

Another note - I lately installed the DMCH new light switch
AND I attached the orange wire like suggested.
So far - it works fine. I did some slight modifications though...

Regards,
Elvis & 6548

One more reminder to add to Elvis' recommendation:

Make sure to "cut" the center spade off and do not
try to "bend and break" it off with pliers, etc.

Several DeLorean owners tried the bend and break
method a few years ago and there appeared to be a
rather high failure rate to the relay after the
bend and break stresses are applied to the relay.

A high-speed cut-off tool works very well and if
you do not own one, borrow one to do this mod.

Later,
Rich W.

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx