[DML] Re: COMPUTER GOV.

After back-engineering my circuit I too can't see how jump starting the car can lead to the governor going bad.

I agree with Elvis that most of the problems are due to bad solder joints followed by bad transistors.

As for burned traces, I can offer up that my circuit had burned traces. I eventually found out that this was a result of a manufacturing flaw inside the molded block top of the governor harness. Somehow, inside that molded plastic, the return line on the power transistor for solenoid 1 shorted to the power line for it. This melted the Transistor package and burned the trace on the board. I managed to fix it by replacing the transistor with a TIP42C, bypassing the burned trace with a copper wire, and then bypassing the short by cutting the harness open and running the power line to the mating harness in the engine compartment.

Lots of work has gone into understanding how the circuit works and with each new insight a more accurate version of the schematic is released. All this information and tips on fixing the circuit are recorded/archived/discussed on www.dmcnews.com I highly recommend those with governor issues check it out =)

Looking forward to the next-gen of these babies too =)

-Kevin
VIN2234

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional