[DML] Re: Wife orders 5252 to be sold

Ouch! I'm not going to try and analyze your marriage, or play the game
of whose got the best wife or anything. But as far as my DeLorean and
our other prize possession go, my wife summed it up perfectly; "We've
worked too hard for the nice things we've gotten in life just to throw
them away when their not convenient to keep." In other words, unless
there's some sort of hardship on us involved with keeping something,
we're not going to dump stuff off and essentially invalidate all the
effort we put into acquiring it if it's something that we still want
to possess.

To keep this post really DeLorean related, here's the thing I'll
reiterate. Most, if not all people who have to sell classic cars in
the past involuntarily, end up regretting what they've done. And I'd
hate to see you make the same mistake as so many others. I've even
sold off a couple of vehicles that I still miss. But the thing there
was that I let them go it was all on me, and I'm only kicking myself,
and not looking at someone else with any sort of disdain. As Dave T
said, long-term storage is definitely a viable solution with the
proper preparation. If it wasn't, then how do museums keep their cars
from rusting away? Preparation, and a little maintenance goes a long way.

Having said that, let me just ask you two questions:

1. You are of course *faced* with a 3rd option: Keep the car. What's
the worst that's going to happen?

2. If not a "storage bin" for your cars, then what exactly is your
house going to become a "storage bin" for? Because in reality, that's
all a house is. A place to keep your stuff while you're away procuring
life-sustaining resources. Sure you can have a nice house with
comfortable stuff in it, and stuff that makes you happy and keeps you
entertained. But it's still just a "storage bin" for your stuff all
the same.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy@...> wrote:

> There is no financial need to sell this car.  We are in the process
> of moving, and it's either the car goes into storage or gets sold.  I
> know if I put the car in storage, it will go down hill from there.
> It's been garaged since I've owned it, and I've been TOLD that the
> next house will not be a storage bin for my cars.
>
> So, faced with keeping the car in storage, or selling, I think
> selling is the best thing to do.
>

> Pat

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional