Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean magazines.

In a message dated 01/08/09 18:18:48 Eastern Standard Time, delorean3@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
guess technically it *should* be cheaper--no postage/printing costs)
but also still print magazines for those who want a hard copy

The problem with this is to print now even less the cost per copy goes wayyy up and it may not be cheaper.
There are set up costs and you go down in price from there.  As is always the case everyone else knows how to do things better than those that do them.  I ask all those that "KNOW" to go ahead and do it yourself. I would be glad to get out of the magazine business for this super cost efficient method.  I know that will not happen.  Be glad for what you have and that there are people that are willing to do it for you.  If you cannot afford $27.50  per year, $55 for two years. I don't know how much cheaper you can get.  Postage and envelopes are about $10 of that cost over the two years.  I bet you most of you either eat, drink or smoke more than this amount in a month. And I am positive this would be less than a few percentage
Our volumes are not there. That is the long and short of it. How many times do you get I want it for free on this and the other forums.  I want my car for free and my house and food but somewhere along the lines it has to get paid for.
If you wish to support the community whether it is DCS, DeLoreans or Delorean World you have more offered to you than most car clubs do.  Support those that support the car without the support you will have a car and nothing else.
If the magazine was supported as it was in the earlier days we would be able to buy more of the historical documents that are being sold daily and will never be avail to the public.  Remember what DCS has brought you in the museums at the show.  Somewhere the revenue for that needs to come from somewhere the magazine would be a great way to do it.  As of now its private purchases.

The next 5 years are going to be tough.  We are over the 25th anniversary and finding new thing is not easy.

With that in mind the magazine is going to change format a bit over the next three issues.  In the next few issues we are going to print some original never before seen documents from the factory, JZD and other sources.  As most of you have read the people that work with DCS have acquired these documents and some of them like the JZD checks and some hand sketched drawings of what JZD wanted the D to be were on display in Gettysburg and Chicago.

The collection is now being organized and will be shown in Lexington but we will publish some of it in the magazine.
so for the next few issues we will concentrate on the shows and the newly purchased DeLorean historical documents.

Patrick will update the list on what we are looking through.

So again if you want to support this effort and have not signed up for DCS magazine we encourage you to do so. All of this stuff was purchased at a cost that will never be recovered.  And again you can see it for FREE at the shows.

Thanks

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional