Re: [DML] Engine Cover Hinges

Hold the nut on the under side of the engine cover (that's the easy part).

  Then proceed to remove from inside the car, the rear vertical carpet board. and hooks that hold the netting in.  I believe their are four of them, two screws each,  The rest is held in by pressure.  Note--- Like most things on the car it is far easier to remove then put back together and this is one of them.  You just wish you had three hands.  But it not that tough of a job just awkward.  Anyway once you remove the vertical panel you should be able to remove the top trim piece that holds the rear cargo light-it is just held in by a couple of screws and once again mostly pressure, bend it slightly in the middle and you should have enough room to access the two bolts
  If you look under it on the far right and far left you will see the two bolts you need to access.  If you had never done this before total lenght of the job should take 1 hour estimated.
  On a scale of one to ten it rates about a 2 maybe a 1

  Hope this helps, John Podlewski

Jack Singer <jack4545@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Can anyone recommend a way to remove the hinges that connect the Engine Cover to the Car?  They are one of the only bad parts on my car and I want to clean them up or replace them but I can't figure out how to remove them????

Jack
10022

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional